Monday 12 December 2011

**Special Prize Draw Winners**

It's TIME!
Drum roll!  Fanfare!  Applause!
YES ... the moment has finally arrived to announce the lucky winner of our
Bah! Humbug! Special Prize Draw 2011 
We popped the names of all those who had completed 30 or more of our challenges during 2011 into our distinctive Special Glowing Santa Hat ...

Gave it a good ol' shake ... rummaged around ... shook some more ... dug down deep and plucked out 2 names. So without further ado ....
HERE ARE OUR LUCKY WINNERS
 
Special 1st Prize Winner 2011
Karen - Serendipity Dragonfly
who will receive a collection of rubber stamps, glitters and all manner of yummy items that any crafter needs.

Runner up Prize Winner 2011
Sandra - Is That The Time?
who will receive a smaller ... but still delicious ... collection of scrumptious crafty goodies.

CONGRATULATIONS LADIES
Please e-mail us with your address details at 
 bahbahhumbug@yahoo.co.uk  
AS SOON AS YOU CAN so we can hopefully get your prizes sent before the Christmas rush.
We would have loved to be able to send out a prize to each and every one of our loyal participents, but due to total failure of Camelot to pick our numbers for yet another year ... YA BOO SUCKS ... our purse strings simply won't stretch to buying enough goodies for everyone.  However, we hope you all know how much we appreciate all the wonderful creations you have shared with us during this year and also the really kind comments about how much you have enjoyed participating in our challenges.  Thank you all so much.

So now to the 'not so good' news ...
Creating and running Humbug Hall has been an absolute blast, but sadly it's badly in need of repair and regeneration.  There is a huge crack in the heating boiler that even Pinflair glue cannot fix and the wind whistles through the chips in the window panes so loudly that it easily drowns out the Ghost of Christmas Past moaning in the corridors, not to mention the howls of the Humbug Hounds.
Alas, it's not only the Hall that needs an overhaul!  We Humbuggers would benefit from a bit of renovation too!  So after much soul searching we've both decided to close Humbug Hall for a while while we recharge our batteries, fill in the cracks and touch up the paintwork.  We're undecided how long this will take ... it may be a few months or possibly even a whole year ... Who knows?   But when all the repairs have been carried out, when the cleaners have spit and polished us back to a sparkling condition and when we're ready to unlock the doors again, we sincerely hope that you won't have forgotten all about Bah! Humbug! ... Humbug Hall and The Humbuggers.
All the challenges from the last 2 years, will remain available for you to revisit any time you may need a bit of inspiration, so feel free to browse at your leisure.   We certainly intend to continue crafting and will be pootling out'n'about in blogland, maybe even joining in with other challenge groups,  (including some of the Christmas ones listed in our sidebar), so no doubt we'll catch up with many of you here and there.
In the meantime, we'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all again from the heart of our bottoms ... or is it the other way round? ... hmmmm ... no matter LOL ... and wish everyone
A Very Merry-licious Christmas
May Your Homes Be Filled With 
Love, Laughter and Happiness 
For The Festive Season And Always
Luv From
Ann & Max
"The Humbuggers"
xxx

24 comments:

  1. Oh WOW********.....~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!! Thank you soooo much Ann & Max. Can't believe I was lucky enough to be first out of the magic hat. It's been a wonderful two years and I'd really like to thank you both for the fantastic challenges and brilliant inspiration. I know I can say on behalf of everyone how much you will be missed but can totally understand your need to "charge your batteries" and do some more mundane things that creep up on all of us. I loved being guest designer in May and hope that when you do decide to take up the mantle again I may be able to have another stint.

    I would like to wish you both a very Happy Christmas and a peaceful and joyful New Year.

    With love & hugs.

    Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Karen and Sandra....thank you also ladies for a fantastic year and look forward to starting again in 2012.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad though I am that there will be no challenges to inspire me next year you two certainly deserve a break! Thank you very much for all your hard work, good spirits and downright FUN - I loved being GD in March and was so sorry that personal events meant I didn't join in afterwards as I would have liked. Christmas blessings on you both, and lots of cyber (((hugs))).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Karen and Sandra! Oh, and Max and Ann I'm sooo distressed at hearing that my FAVE Christmas blog will not be here to inspire me come January but of course I understand that time and obligation it takes year after year is daunting. Thank you so much for everything and I will be keeping my fingers crossed that perhaps the repairs will go more quickly than anticipated and ...well, I'm really REALLY gonna miss you guys! MUCH LUV AND STUFF! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Ann and Max ,can't believe my luck! I have really enjoyed this year! Hope it won't be too long before you are back. Sandra
    (Enjoy your rest!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Karen and Sandra! Enjoy your goodies! Ann and Max, woe is me, what will I do without yoooouuuu? Seriously, you deserve time to regroup and repair and relax. I wish I could help --- I have a really cool glue gun and am good with a paint brush! I had such a great time at GD in September, spiders and all! Thanks for the opportunity. I hope all goes well and you can come back sooner than a whole year!! In the meantime, I'll just have to set myself a Christmas card goal every Friday while I'm thinking of you. You will be missed, not just for the challenges, but for the grins and giggles you bring every week. Please do visit; the door is always open! May you have a blessed Christmas and a restful New Year. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Giddy Aunt!
    The wonderful messages are liable to open the floodgates and make our eyes leak y'know ... and then we will DEFINITELY be in trouble as I'm not sure either of us can swim particularly well lol! Thank you so much ladies - you are all so very kind. xxx
    You will be seeing us around and about blogland and don't forget we can come to check up on you to make sure you're all behaving lol.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh nooooooo what am I going to do now. Every Friday morning it was the first thing I looked for, what is my challenge this week? No seriously Thank you so much for all the fun you have brought and without your blog I would have been last minute Annie with my Christmas cards. I will keep you both on my blog list so I can check up on you both and baby Eli. Wishing you both a very Merry Christmas.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done to the winners of the prize draw and thanks to you Ann and Max for offering the prize in the first place.

    Whilst sad to see the fab weekly challenge ceasing (hopefully only temporarily) I entirely understand the need for you to have a break and to recharge your batteries.

    All the best to you both and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all the Humbuggers!!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not a lot to say that hasn't been said, selfishly I do hope you have good repair men/woment in to redecorate and recharge Humbug Hall and all who dwell within its walls (SOON). As I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog even if I have not had time to join in (big busy family) Have a most marvellously bah-humbug christmas ( I have this hat for my hubby ) and do hope that you have a few festive wines and scrummy food to celebrate the yuletide. Hugs Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the great challenges! When you come back, please let us know at Feline Playful so that we can list your challenges again. Happy Holidays! -CG http://felineplayful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to Karen and Sandra. I shall really miss your weekly challenges and all the fun at Humbug Hall. Thank you Ann and Max for all the hard work you have put in running Bah! Humbug! Hope the batteries recharge in record time and all the cracks etc are soon fully repaired! Look forward to seeing you back after a well deserved rest. Merry Christmas to all and best wishes for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no ladies, I shan't half miss you!! It's been a wonderful year & I'm so very grateful for your fabulous challenges. It meant I was really up to date on my Christmas cards this year. Thoroughly enjoyed your wonderful sense of humour too!! I understand your need for a total rest though, I know how much work this takes! Be good to yourselves, enjoy Christmas & I wish you love, health & happiness for 2012.

    Hugs,

    Abi xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry to hear that you are closing for a while - hope it won't be too long before you back running the challenges. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. félicitation aux heureuses gagnantes et bravo, je suis quand même un peu triste, ça ne fait pas encore très longtemps que j'ai découvert Bah Humbug alors cette pause...ça va me manquer, bon repos et revenez vite, biz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to Karen and Sandra on their prizes!
    And a sad farewell to Ann and Max while Humbug Hall is closed. You definitely deserve the rest, but you will be missed. (Hopefully, you'll be back before too long!) It was such fun making cards for the Bah! Humbug challenges. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear that you are closing Humbug Hall for repairs and renovations but completely understand that the old timbers need protecting from wood worm and rising damp. When all the repairs are complete I shall be here waiting to celebrate the grand reopening and in the meantime would like to thank you for all the fun and inspiration. With best wishes for Christmas and 2012.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  18. having just caught up with this post, am so sorry to hear you are having a well-deserved break - you have been my salvation this year, and it has been great fun trying to keep up with the challenges (even if i did turn the air blue a few times!) Hope you both had a great Christmas, and that 2012 will be very happy and healthy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wishing you a very happy, healthy, peaceful and creative 2012! Take your time to get your batteries loaded and to renovate Humbug Hall. We'll be all waiting patiently and come flooding back if and when you decide to reopen. Meanwhile, we'll keep up the good work and continue making Christmas cards.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  20. enjoy your rest. Right now, I know how you feel, I just want to take a week long nap. I'll miss your quirky posts but look forward to seeing you return.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just stopping by to say Hi to you both - and HAPPY EASTER

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  22. And here I am again, stopping by to say "HI" and "How are those renovations coming along?" ..... we've not forgotten you all at Humbug Hall

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do I sense something stirring at Humbug Hall?!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wishing Ann, Max and my fellow HUMBUG-gers a MERRY CHRISTMAS.

    Are you coming back in 2016?

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete