Friday 17 September 2010

Challenge 36 - Text

What a fabulous response we had to our 'Favourites' challenge last week. Can't imagine how many hours were spent online admiring your wonderful work, and even though we spotted a couple of 'non-Christmas' entries, it was time very well spent as we picked up some wonderful ideas and tips so thank you all for sharing.
Your task this week is to create a Christmas card or project with a focal feature of
TEXT
Ooooooooo'errrrrrrr!
We can hear the sharp intake of breath already but don't start hyperventilating yet as we think you'll find it's actually easier than you might think.
Breathe in ..... and out .... in .... and out.
There now - that's better.
Here are a few ideas which may help get you started.
* word shaped cards.
* use templates, chipboard letters or peel offs to create a word as a focal point.
or
* how about simply using paper with text patterns.
* there are some beautiful stamps available with lovely sentiments intended for the insides, but you could do a 'switcheroo' and place it on the front instead of an image.
* if you have a Christmas Text embossing stencil or folder - that will do nicely.
and
* if you're lucky enough to own a craft robo or similar cutting machine - SHEESH! - you're well-sorted!
These are just a few suggestions and we have no doubt you've now got plenty more ideas of your own to dazzle us with!
The DT projects including a lovely topper from our September Guest Designer Anne of Wicked Designs, are shown below and if you want to know the details of our designs, just click on the names to visit our personal blogs.





Ann
 


The deadline for this challenge is

12 noon (UK time)
Thursday 23rd September 2010

You are free to create whatever you like ... it doesn't have to be a card ... in fact, show us as many different projects as you want to share.
Just remember ... have fun and don't forget to leave us a direct link to your project in our comment box so we can come and admire your creativity.

Ann, Irene, Max
xxx

49 comments:

  1. OOOH, now that IS an interesting project . . . off to check my stash peeps.

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great challenge from the girls this week and here is my card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. feeling the love today. Here is my card:
    http://craftytess.blogspot.com/2010/09/christmas-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for a lovely theme.
    Away for a few weeks so may not be able to take part - but I will try!
    Mine is here
    http://redmossramblings.blogspot.com/2010/09/bah-humbug-36-text.html
    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous cards from the DT girls. Earlier than usual for me. Rita xx Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge and cards - my card is here x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great challenge this week girls which allowed me to play with a new stamp!!! As if I needed an excuse......... lol You can find my card here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's mine http://justsoducky.blogspot.com/2010/09/happy-holidays.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for a great challenge ..... Here is my entry
    Love Susan
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh you know us so well don't you!! There was definitely a sharp intake of breath from me lol. Turned all my drawers upside down and inside out and came up with this

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great DT cards here is mine
    http://bitsandpiecec.blogspot.com/2010/09/blue-snowman.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two weeks running - I wonder how long I can keep this up.
    My 'text' card is
    Here
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just the challenge to play with my new stamps. YIPPEE....Here is my card. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. My card is here
    Thanks for such a great challenge this week - I just happened to have this card which I made recently, and thought it would fit the bill! Hope my code works OK - my brain clel doesn't seem to be working today!
    HUgs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there, just posted mine - you can view at the blog address below (wish I knew how to insert a hyperlink in to a comment!!!)

    http://purpliciousprincessdiaries.blogspot.com/2010/09/bah-humbug-christmas-cards-everywhere.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great challenge and inspiring samples from the DT. My entry is here. Thanks, Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  17. fab theme and Anne's card and the DT cards are all gorgeous :-)

    you can see my card here

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab theme again and what gorgeous cards!! Mine is here
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is great - I had the perfect stamp - here is my card

    ReplyDelete
  20. Here's mine: http://tbearstouch.blogspot.com/2010/09/ho-ho-ho-no-images.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great challenge and fab DT cards! My card is here

    Thanks for looking :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the inspiration ladies :D my card XXX

    ReplyDelete
  23. OK, here comes my card for this weeks challenge.
    My entry
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm a bit later this week with my entry for this challenge - things sometimes get in the way!!  My crd can be seen on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi
    Great theme and love the DT cards.
    Here is mine

    Hugs Alison.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Gals
    Thank you for a lovely challenge. My card is here . xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Here
    is my card for this weeks Bah Humbug Challenge 'Text' Another fab. challenge and superb DT cards
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  28. At last I've managed to get my card uploaded! Your cards are great this week ladies, you can have a little peep at mine here .

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi ladies, great cards and another great challenge. Here is my contribution.
    http://kraftykoolkat.blogspot.com/2010/09/bh-challenge36-dcdcc-challenge-35.html

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love you Blog and great challenges. "HERE" is my entry x

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great DT card and challenge once again Ladies, you can find my entry here

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello ladies here is hoping this works this time!! (Please remove previous entries if possible!!) Love Steph
    Here is my card

    ReplyDelete
  35. Well, a bit earlier (not much but...) this time, ladies. I really enjoyed this challenge and love your examples. My card is HERE xxD

    ReplyDelete
  36. Evening ladies, my card is on my blog. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  37. You can find my card here http://trailsofpaper.blogspot.com/2010/09/merry-christmas.html
    Thank you

    Mari Harpham

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just couldn't get this song out of my head, so here is my attempt, another stumper for me this week. You girls are very good at this challenge thing--
    Here's my entry

    ReplyDelete
  39. You can find my card here at
    http://ilovetomakecards.blogspot.com/2010/09/sentiment-as-main-feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. http://christinesplace-christine.blogspot.com/2010/09/xmas-and-blk-n-white.html

    Gorgeous cards from the dT.
    Crafty Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  41. I loved doing this challenge! Thanks so much for the wonderful inspirations! here to see my entry Hugs, Moshie

    ReplyDelete