Friday 8 April 2011

Challenge 14... Candy Canes...

What a fantastic response we had to last week's challenge ... not only did your entries make us smile and giggle but there were chuckles and even a guffaw or two to be heard in the corriders at Humbug Hall - so well done to all who played along with us.  We will announce the random winner of our April Prize Draw over the weekend, so look out for that.
We Humbuggers have been prised apart ... the red wine has been confiscated ... and we've been forcibly returned to our own wings of Humbug Hall, so there'll be no more naughty nonsense ... for the time being at least!   We're already hatching plans for the next 'great escape' though so don't relax too much.
This week's theme is a safe one ... you can't get much safer than 
Candy Canes
... although given enough time, no doubt Humbugger Ann could think of something naughty to do with them!
We're lucky to have our Guest Designers, Kelly and Veronica join our Humbugger Ann again with some super-dooper-sweet offerings to inspire you and get you motivated.  As always, if you'd like to know more details about this week's DT projects, or leave some love for Ann, Veronica and Kelly,  please click on the links above each card to visit their personal blogs. 
Do check out Kelly's blog as the inside of her card is just as adorable as the front plus it includes a fun verse about growing candy canes. 
*********************
The deadline for this challenge is 
12 noon (UK time)
Thursday 14th April 2011
 *********************
You are free to create whatever you like ... it doesn't have to be a card ... in fact, show us as many different Christmas Projects as you want to share.  
Just remember ... have fun and don't forget to leave us a direct link to your project in our comment box so we can come and admire your creativity.
Ann and Max xxx

34 comments:

  1. Humbugger Ann has already had her name added to Santa's naughty list due to candy canes.
    I bought a box of the real ones to use for this challenge but ate them weeks ago - eeeeeeeeeek no wonder the diet is not working that well.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the cards Ann and Veronica, and I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with.
    Hugs
    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great theme ladies, love the cards, oh Ann you were only testing to make sure they were okay, we understand hee hee lots of love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely theme for us this week. I'm early with my entry this week, and you can find my card here.
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. In early this week as I'm off on me hols next week! Card is here! I've invented a new game..... spot the candy cane!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I managed to get my card finished last night after struggling to find suitable stamps. I think it took me longer looking through stamps than it did to make the card. Thankyou for looking. Hugs Rita xxx"http://rmgcreations.blogspot.com/2011/04/candy-canes.html">Here's my Card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards again ladies. Lovely challenge this week, keep 'em coming. Here's my card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Afternoon ladies, hope the weather is glorious with you too! I made this card last night and have just got round to posting it. Been in the garden most of the day!! Anyway, enough of my waffle.Here is my card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the DT cards! Here's mine - I'm not sure how much I like it, so I may be back with another later (if time allows).
    http://celticcrafters.blogspot.com/2011/04/challenge-14.html
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fun theme though I struggled to find something to use. But I managed and here it is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here is my card http://cmdesign-cmdesign.blogspot.com/2011/04/ghost-of-christmas-present.html
    Another good theme but boy did I have to hunt to find some!! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the theme this week, great DT cards as usual! You can find my card here

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's a second card - hope you like it. My daughter helped this time around, so I can't really count it as just my entry. We are quite pleased with the results, though, and wanted to share them with you.

    http://celticcrafters.blogspot.com/2011/04/challenge-14-second-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Candy canes caused me a minor problem this week but eventually I managed to find something suitable.  My card is here

    ReplyDelete
  15. Having spent a long time searching through my stamps and CDs I eventually came up with this
    http://jocelyn-april.blogspot.com/2011/04/bah-humbug-14-candy-canes.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Theme Ladies and super samples too.
    here is my card
    hugs linda x

    ReplyDelete
  17. At last I have found time to make a card for the challenge, great challenge and cards by the way, you can find my card here

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great challenge, my card is here:www.Cardsbyjudie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. http://alifewellcrafted-jill.blogspot.com/2011/04/christmastime.html

    What a fun challenge! Love all the DT cards and hope you like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really enjoyed your challenges over the past few weeks here is this weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. themessycraftroom12 April 2011 at 23:51

    LOvely cards ladies. Another great challenge.. Hope you like my card. its at www.themessycraftroom. blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great inspiration AGAIN!!!! Here is my card Hugz, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Ladies. You can find my entry at http://kitchentablecraft.blogspot.com/
    x Lavinia

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, a lovely challenge and adorable DTcards this week. I'll try to put my card here:
    http://lisbethskortogscrap.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-first-two-christmascards-in-april.html
    Love from Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  25. You weren't my favourite ladies this week!!!! lol Candy canes aren't something I have in my stash so I had to go ahunting............. you can find my card here.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just managed to get something made in time this week!

    Here it is

    http://colleenscardcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just love the DT cards :-) I so enjoyed this challenge. My card can be found Here
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Found 3 toppers with candy canes on my Joanna Sheen Victorian Christmas CD. Perhaps I should have used the one with Santa feeding the reindeer instead of the ones I did choose. The latest cards for the bottom of my tin are here http://2pdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/04/3rd-card-this-week.html
    You have to get to the bottom of a lot of waffle to find the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I bought these at the end of the season hoping you'd have a future challenge like this. Love the DT takes and naughty, naughty, Ann! My card is HERE xxD

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous cards ladies! Mine is here
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Here's mine. Sorry it's so late - camera on the blink and I didn't think I was going to be able to take part!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  32. Here's mine!

    Late again, am I in detention lol! A lovely challenge ladies & inspirational DT work.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete