Friday 14 January 2011

Challenge 2 ... Using stencils...

WHOO HOO!  
Think it's safe to say Bah! Humbug! is back with a vengence as we had a terrific response to our first challenge of 2011.  It was wonderful seeing the return of  so many familiar faces from last year and a brilliant boost to see a few newbies keen to join in too.   All names have now been entered into the prize draw and the random winner of our Flower Fairies Stamp and CD set will be announced over the weekend ... so keep a look out for that.
But in the meantime, let's make a start on our next challenge and let's see how you use your
STENCILS
Stencils are probably one of the most versatile items you can have in your stash as there are several techniques that can be applied when using them.  
... you can apply chalks, paint or inks with a stipple brush or applicator
... you can emboss with them to create a raised design 
... the shapes can be drawn around and cut out from card or fabric before  being added to your project AND if you're really careful with the scissors, the negative can be used for another crafty item!
... they can be flipped to create mirror images which is great for gatefold cards
These are just a few simple ideas and no doubt you can think of other fabulous ways to be creative with stencils.  So SHOW US!
Our Guest Designer Carole obviously loves using stencils and she is sharing 4 ... YES 4 ... beautiful examples of stencil work with us.  
Our Humbugger Ann has worked some stencil magic with embossing paste and glitter, giving gorgeous results, as always.  
As for me (Max) ... well ... ahem ... I haven't quite finished my project yet but have got a good reason for being late this week which will be explained on my blog.  Make sure you bring some tea and sympathy with you LOL!
*Edit: Picture now added*
If you want to know more details about our projects or want to find out why I'm so late this week ... simply click the names below to visit our personal blogs.

Brass Stencil
Mask Stencil

Ann
Using a stencil, embossing paste and glitter

Max

The deadline for this challenge is

12 noon (UK time)
Thursday 20th January 2011
You are free to create whatever you like ... it doesn't have to be a card ... in fact, show us as many different Christmas Projects as you want to share.  
Just remember ... have fun and don't forget to leave us a direct link to your project in our comment box so we can come and admire your creativity.

Ann, Irene, Max
xxx

45 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this one.........I have a dreamweaver stencil that I bought a few years ago after seeing someone demonstrate them....never managed to get the same effect myself so the stencil has been in my drawer unused since then....I think it is time to get it out and have another go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. an interesting choice will need to think about this one, love the DT cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice challenge, hope this counts :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello ladies, mmm well I'm going to have to think about this one, although I did buy a stencil in the sale last week....... fabby DT inspiration as always, lots of love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely challenge once again! Here's mine
    http://redmossramblings.blogspot.com/2011/01/bah-humbug-2-using-stencils.html

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't see the linky so will leave my entry here - http://gonebytheboard.blogspot.com/2011/01/chocolate-wrappers.html

    Thank you for the challenge, it was a very interesting one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great challenge this week - love the D/T cards. You can find my card here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turns out I am stencil challenged, so this was a true challenge for me! Your cards were very inspiring... a great reminder of all the neat ways these stencils can be used!
    Here's the link to my card
    http://bellabugcreations.blogspot.com/2011/01/snowman-stencil.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to Chris on winning the prize.  Another great challenge this week and I found a brass stencil which fitted the bill - see my card here

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning ladies !
    Hope Irene is feeling better now ?

    Beautiful work from the DT !
    l also struggled this week,but it was good to try something that l don't normally do..
    Here is my Card ..Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These challenges certainly make you rummage in the back of your cupboards!  I knew that I had a tree stencil somewhere that I could use for this challenge.  So here is my card.


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ladies, I don't have many stencils so my card is not as detailed as yours. I have used my stencil to emboss a little holly in the corner. Here it is

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, ladies, what a challenge!;o) I finally managed to make a stenciled card here . I love challenging challenges! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's mine for this week.

    http://jocelyn-april.blogspot.com/2011/01/bah-humbug-2-using-stencils.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was quite a fun challenge for me as I have never used a stencil before. Hugs Rita xxx
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  16. here's mine

    Just great things from the DT as always, hope you like mine and thanks for looking. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dear oh dear, Im giving this one a miss this week, my effort ended up in the bin, I now know Stensiling is not my forte.. good luck ladies x

    ReplyDelete
  18. themessycraftroom16 January 2011 at 22:06

    Thanks ladies. I was definately challenged this week. Don't do stencils. Here's mine.
    http://themessycraftroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. After making several attempts I realised why the stencil was in the back of the cupboard........I have tried though & my efforts are here http://2pdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/01/bah-humbug-christmas-card-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Here is my first entry to the Bar Humbug challenge. I kept it simple 'cos I haven't had much practise in stencilling before...as you can probably tell :)

    http://florafinity.blogspot.com/

    PS. Great blog girls!

    ReplyDelete
  21. it is a very interesting theme...
    here is my entree:
    http://pattyskreativseite.blogspot.com/2011/01/und-mal-etwas-anderes-ausprobiert.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello ladies,

    Here is my card

    it took some doing but I got there in the end!!
    lots of love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Ladies great Dt cards this was well out of my comfort zone lol
    here is my card
    linda x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Don't have many stencils! I used the Tim Holtz Flourish stencil as a background. Really enjoying these challenges.
    Here's my entry.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/-cards-/5364200529/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was determined not to miss this weeks deadline so here is my card for this week http://lizziescraftspace.blogspot.com/2011/01/bah-humbug-challenge-2-using-stencils.html

    Happy crafting

    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well, ladies, you do know how to stretch our creativity! I dug out my nearly forgotten stencils and light box to bring you this card. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  27. This probably isn't what you gals had in mind, but it is certainly different.
    Here's my entry

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've committed to playing but boy, stencils are so not my forte...this was what I finally came up with:

    http://multicoloured-imagery.blogspot.com/2011/01/gingerbread-men-for-christmas-stencil.html

    not near what the DT did, but I actually surprised myself LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sorry I can't join in this week - no Christmas stencils! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sorry my previous post didn't link. Hope this one works! Very new to this!!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/-cards-/5364200529/#/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well you certain made me dig out all my old stencils which are buried away at the bottom of the craft box. Here is my card.
    http://colleenscardcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. A very simple card from me as I only have the one stencil to work with! My card.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  33. Some absolutely gorgeous examples from the DT.
    My effort is
    http://wlpandivascraft.blogspot.com/2011/01/winter-sketch-and-sparkly-tree.html

    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Max, I made one, I bought a Brass Stencil and some Dreamweavers paste.

    you can see my better effort here

    Kaz

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi folks, I'm cutting it fine again, I'm sure! I don't know where the weeks go. here's my entry Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Ladies, lovely DT work, you can find my card here

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. you got a nice challenge, here is my card

    http://kerrys-bastelquatsch.blogspot.com/2011/01
    /3-schneemanner-sagen-danke.html

    ReplyDelete
  38. Getting in by the skin of my teeth this week. I found it a real cahllenge as I don't really use stencils.
    Any way, You can find my offerring here:
    http://crafty-bee.blogspot.com/2011/01/just-made-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  39. A bit challenging ladies, but I made it. Also with the Dreamweavers Paste. Thanks for the inspiration. You can see it at
    http://donnamundinger-popsicletoes.blogspot.com/2011/01/bah-humbug-stencil-challenge.html

    xxD

    ReplyDelete
  40. I gave this a try. It was a real stretch for me but in a good way. Thank you for the challenge.

    http://ksdcreations.blogspot.com/2011/01/kraft-christmas-card-using-stencil.html

    ReplyDelete
  41. had some trouble with this one, but just scraped in!

    ReplyDelete
  42. This was more challenging than I anticipated, since I haven't used stencils much. It was fun, though (I was able to dig through my daughter's stash and find a stencil). Here's my entry:
    http://celticcrafters.blogspot.com/2011/01/challenge-2.html

    ReplyDelete